Patrefans
britanybinges from patreon
britanybinges patreon

Another Update

🕑 Added 2024-06-12 11:34:37 +0000 UTC
Another Update
Another Update

Comments

Britany Felix

Our pup came home a few hours earlier than originally planned yesterday so my recording time got cut a bit short. But, I was able to record Loki 1.5 & 1.6 and Classic Who 10x9 & 10x10. I was up keeping an eye on her all night so my husband could get some decent sleep because the past few days have been even worse for him than they were for me. So, I'm going to grab some sleep now while she's resting in his office. I'm not sure if I'll be recording more tonight or if I'll need to keep an eye on her again. If I have to keep an eye on her, I should be able to edit and post the reactions I recorded yesterday. However, if I'm able to record, I'm going to go ahead and take advantage of that. If that is the case, I'll start editing and releasing reactions tomorrow (Saturday).

Britany Felix

Clara is doing really well this morning! She's eating well, let the vet pet that side of her face, and has been active enough that she ripped out her IV. They opted to not put it back in so she's off that now and has moved on to only oral meds. The vet also thinks the swelling is already starting to go down a little (indicating that the antibiotics are starting to work). She'll be coming home this evening as long as everything continues to go well. So, I'll finally be able to get a good chunk of recording done today while waiting for her return! :) I'll post another update later tonight letting you all know what I was able to get recorded and when they should be released.

Britany Felix

Thank you so much everyone!! Seriously, it means everything that you all are so understanding and supportive. 💖💖💖 To make a very long, complicated, and exhausting story somewhat short ... things got even worse at the emergency vet. In fact, there were multiple ways things could go in a direction that would have resulted in us having to say goodbye to her today and pretty much only one way things could go right. We spent most of the day waiting on test results to let us know which way things were going. After multiple ultrasounds, X-rays of her head and body, bloodwork, and a CT scan ... they confirmed it was actually the best case scenario. So, the one way that would give us the chance to be able to do something to help her. It was confirmed that she had celluitis and an abcess behind her eye and both of those are treatable with a good chance of a full recovery. They were able to get her into surgery early this evening and, with the exception of not liking how she responded to the initial pain meds, she is recovering well so far. If her recovery continues to go well overnight tonight and throughout the day tomorrow, we can bring her home tomorrow evening. 🤞🤞🤞 We have no idea what the at home recovery or care will be like because we know things can change in an instant and don't want to get ahead of ourselves. But, we spent several hours today knowing it was entirely possible she would never be coming home again, so we're just trying to let ourselves focus on positives. I'm absolutely exhausted in every possible way after this day and have been awake for about 34 hours at this point, so I'm getting some sleep. If the morning update goes well, I'll be in a much better place to record throughout the day until it's time to bring her home. I'll post another update here in the comments when I have one.

Clara Gros-Louis

Take care of the pup, we'll still be here <3

Azmat Mahmood

Hoping everything goes well.❤️

Rain

Animals absolutely come first, nothing worse than the wait while they're under like this. Hope all goes smoothly for her 💜

Isobel Pittman

Making sure your dog is okay is definitely top priority, really hope she gets well soon and that her eye is okay. Take as long as you need.

Britany Felix

Thank you so much! I'm honestly a wreck at the moment. I hate that I can't be there at the vet with her right now (had work I wasn't able to get done yesterday because of the vet visit that needed to be completed this morning). Given her age, there is still a higher chance of her having complications during surgery (especially from the anesthesia), but she had to be put under for a teeth cleaning last year and she handled it well. So, *fingers crossed* Right now, I'm just trying to cling to any positive thing I can. But, I know you know exactly how that feels. Is Amber still doing well with her recovery?

Jamie Dodds

As long as the dogs ok and you’re ok that’s the important thing ! We can wait :)


More Creators